Monday, October 26, 2009

Everyone gather 'round. Actor announcement!

So with my (one-way) flight booked home for December 12 (mark your calendars), I remain uneasy about the booking. In the age old issue of Price vs. Miles, I succumbed to the temptation of a lower price tag, and am now feeling regret gnaw in my stomach. But still, price is price, and I am but a poor graduate student.

Sort of.

The above one-way ticket is one-way for a reason.

I will however officially graduate with my Master of Letters degree on December 2nd. Which is still nice, even if there won't be a PhD following it in three years. Turns out that I actually missed working and being employed everything that comes with it. That and I really didn't want to have to go through the (expensive, invasive, passport-stealing) visa application process again when my current visa expires in January.

Perhaps with the money I saved on buying the cheapo ticket, I can do one last Euro-jaunt, while I still have the continent just an hour's flight away. Maybe another birthday-weekend trip?

What's it going to be? I think the big contenders right now are Stockholm, Vienna, Poland, and Berlin. But really, it'll probably be whatever is dirt cheapest that weekend.

Being back on the other side of the ocean again for 2010, I think I'll try and get over the loss of proximity to Europe by focusing my energies on Central and South America. That's probably where employment will come in handy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home