Sunday, June 21, 2009

On an exceptionally hot evening early in July...

It is the longest day of the year here at 55°. While Weather.com officially has sunset at 10:06pm, in reality, the light hasn't been really leaving the sky the past few nights. The sun sets, but there's a pale glow that sticks around, and the darkness never gets truly dark. I've never seen anything like it.

While it's not quite being in St. Petersburg for White Nights (which would finally check off one of the bullets on my "To Do Before I Die" list), it's close enough for now, and requires no wacky, expensive visa. So until I can get my travel plans together enough to be strolling down Nevsky Prospekt at 1am in late June, I'll just have to be content with a slightly less-white version here in Glasgow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home