Sunday, May 24, 2009

Monkey business.

Rangers won the SPL today, which meant it was a bit of an interesting walk up and down Byres, what with all the crowds and the singing and cheering. I had to pop into a newsagent and when I was in there, a guy came in to buy cigarettes and told the shopkeeper they were celebratory ones. And then he turned to me and asked if I was excited.

So I told him I was American and that I didn't pick sides. And he says, "Brilliant! Mo Edu is American!" which I think was supposed to mean that I should get really excited about it, except I still have that whole fear of the imminent stabbing that will happen if I pick an Old Firm team, so I just kind of mumbled something about Edu being a Terp, and rushed out with my packet of Polos. Silly, as he was really nice and I don't think he was carrying a knife. Sometimes I think they overblow the whole YOU WILL GET STABBED thing here, just to scare internationals.

Also, with my collected cereal boxtops, I was able to adopt a monkey! Sadly, it's just a money donation thing Kellog is doing with an animal sanctuary, and not something where I'll now have a pet. But you get to pick your monkey, and I picked Pops. He's apparently a cheeky little bastard who doesn't like to get to close to people, but is really attached to his adopted monkey brother and sleeps every night with a teddy bear (monkeys have teddy bears?) under one arm, and cuddles up to Coco (the adopted monkey brother) with the other. And I liked that. So I adopted him, even though there were aesthetically cuter monkeys out of the bunch.

This serves as my official shoutout to the Lilongwe Wildlife Sanctuary in Malawi.


World, meet Pops.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

you're doing better things for malawi than even madonna.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home