Wednesday, May 13, 2009

List: USA-style

I love living in the UK, and I really love living in Glasgow. That being said, there's a laundry list of things I really appreciate about the States, and this trip, a couple of things (other than standard friends and family) have really stood out:

  • Being in the same time zone as American Idol;
  • Chipotle;
  • The cereal aisle in the grocery store;
  • Target;
  • Muggy weather;
  • Being back for not one, not two, but three Game Sevens in the NHL playoffs and getting to watch them at a decent hour, instead of 1am;
  • CABLE. Real cable. 800 channels, OnDemand, DVR.
  • Access to Hulu!
These are all superficial, silly things to love, but it's the silly, superficial things that count! Who needs socialized healthcare when you can watch back to back to back to back episodes of My Boys on a lazy Tuesday evening?

2 Comments:

At May 13, 2009 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Scotsman said...

I don't know I kind of miss the socialized healthcare - funny that seeing as I hardly used it when had access to it. Also whenever I turn on the cable here I can never find anything much worth watching because when I switch channels all I seem to find is adverts. My attention span and impatience is too low to absord the joys of American TV me thinks.

 
At May 13, 2009 at 10:44 PM , Blogger Genevieve said...

There may be nothing on, but there's something a bit gratifying about getting to flip through 800 channels. Kind of like a bizarre scavenger hunt!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home