Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And I'm back in Glasgow once more. On a jetlag scale of 1 to 10 (1 being I'm fresh as a daisy and 10 being I can't even stand up properly) I'm on at about a 5 right now, which is actually pretty good. We got in early enough (7:30am) that I was able to get a nap in during the late morning and early afternoon that might take me through till tonight, when I can get to bed at a respectable hour.

The flight back from Newark was truly, truly unpleasant. Again, 757s are too small to sit in for six hours. Especially when it's six hours of screaming babies, turbulence, and loud people who have no concept of how to behave on a red-eye transatlantic flight. I will take the extra connection in Heathrow to be on a bigger, more comfortable plane next time. When it comes to flying across the ocean, size does matter.

My hope for humanity is to one day live in a world where the people sitting behind you don't pull on the back of your seat when you're sleeping, catapulting your forward. Because it really, really sucks.

Or, my hope for myself is that one day I fly first class where people know how to act.

On another note, I also learned a very important lesson today and why words are important. Ginger beer? NOT the same as ginger ale. Ginger ale is wonderful. Ginger beer burns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home